Depositing and Withdrawing
Upstart utilizes the Nano cryptocurrency, which you can learn more about on our What is Nano? page. In order to deposit funds to spend on the site, you must have a Nano address from which you can send funds. You can then make an association between the Nano address and your user account by demonstrating that you control the address. After that, any future deposits we receive from that address are credited to your balance automatically.
- From the portrait menu, select Deposit. This will take you to the main deposit page.
- Click the
Add new addressbutton.
- The page will ask you to send a random, small quantity of Nano to our address. You can do this in your wallet of choice by copying/pasting the recipient address and amount into their respective fields, or by scanning the QR code if your wallet has this feature.
- Confirm that the address and amount are correct, then hit send in your wallet.
- Once our node sees your transaction, you will be sent an email asking you to confirm associating the new address. This should happen within a minute. If it does not, you can check the block explorer to see if your transaction has been broadcast on the Nano network. If it has, contact support.
- Follow the confirmation link in the email.
- You're all set! The deposit page should now list your Nano address. Try it out by sending some Nano to our address, which is always listed on the deposit page.
- To make frequent transactions more convenient, many wallets let you save addresses to an address book. Add our address so you can deposit whenever you like! Also, you can associate multiple addresses. Don't worry about unintentionally removing your old address.
- From the portrait menu, select Withdraw. This will take you to the main withdrawal page.
- If you have already linked an address following the steps above, you can select it from the dropdown menu.
- If you would like to send to an unassociated address, select the option in the dropdown, then paste the address in the field that appears. You will need to complete a confirmation email.
- Enter the amount to withdraw.
- Click Withdraw.
- Confirm that you have received your funds. This should happen within a minute. You can check the block explorer to see if the transaction has been broadcast to the network. Otherwise, contact support.